Search Site

What’s Important to Know about SUM Insurance in RI?

auto-accidentIn Rhode Island, we have what’s called uninsured and under-insured motorists’ coverage. If you’re involved in an automobile accident in which, through our investigation, we determine that the vehicle and or the owner of the vehicle of the driver of the vehicle does not have insurance, you can still bring a claim against your own insurance company if you have purchased what’s called uninsured or underinsured motorists’ coverage. That is extra coverage you have to pay extra money for. It’s probably some of the most important coverage you can have but it will protect you in the situation where there is no insurance to cover your loss.

This informational blog post was brought to you by Mark A. Fay, an experienced Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Offices
  • Providence Office
    127 Dorrance Street
    2nd Floor
    Providence, Rhode Island 02903
    Phone: 401-490-3200
    Fax: 401-490-3207
  • West Warwick Office
    1220 Main Street
    West Warwick, Rhode Island 02893
  • South Kingstown Office
    36 South County Commons Way Building 4
    Suite C-3 R
    South Kingstown, Rhode Island 02879